The Department of Information Management at Aberdeen Business School, Robert Gordon University, is exploring the market for an MSc course in Digital Curation, initially in Distance Learning mode. As part of the development process for this new course, they are very keen to get feedback from practitioners and prospective students.
The proposed course content would include:
- the legal aspects of managing research data
- ways of future-proofing data against obsolesence
- examples of good practice, e.g. JISC and the Digital Curation Centre
- the digitisation and curation of heritage and cultural collections
The course would have a strong practical base, probably involving a placement element and hands-on project.
If you have any thoughts about the proposed Digital Curation course, please contact Alan MacLennan (firstname.lastname@example.org). Any comments you may have would be very welcome but they are particularly keen in finding out:
- What you think the course content should be
- What the market for this course would be
- How viable this course would be